Monetise The Hottest Beauty Trends For Inspiring, Profitable Campaigns & Unstoppable Innovations
Hot Trends & Innovations • Social Media Channels & Content Strategies • Customer Insights & Shopper Behaviours • Retailer Insights & Expertise • Sustainable Production & Packaging • Digital & Beauty Tech • Beauty On A Budget • Must-Have Ingredients • NPD Success • Beauty, Health & Wellbeing
27th September 2023, central London
08.30 Registration, Informal Networking & GIC Welcome
09.00 Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
Sebastian Kraft, Founder, Nordic Naval
HOT TRENDS & INNOVATIONS
09.10 Capitalise On The Latest Consumer Trends & Insights For Inspiring & Next-Level Product & Marketing Innovations That Drive Brand Engagement & Maximise Conversions
- Beauty boxes, skinimalism, 3D nail art: discuss, debate and uncover invaluable insights into the hottest global trends for game-changing brand engagement and maximised product success
- With macro trends like personalisation and beauty wellness taking the industry by storm, how can you stay ahead of the curve and plan for trend-setting, insight-led product launches in 2024 and beyond
- Everyone is talking TikTok! How are leading beauty brands responding rapidly to the explosion of beauty on TikTok and ensuring they stay relevant during the Gen-Z hype?
- Dominate in the beauty industry globally by exploring invaluable insights into international trends for increased engagement and long-term product success
Nicole Campanaro, Head of Brand & Marketing, Monpure London
Sara Leguizamon, Brand Partnerships Manager, TikTok
Jack Griffiths, Senior Global Brand Lead, Avon
Rose Abbott, Head of Brand MUA COSMETICS, FB Beauty LTD
09.40 Campfire Case Study
The session will give clarity on our expertise behind TikTok and offer answers to commonly asked questions around the platform, how to ride trends, some trends that have happened recently, and how you can win as a brand on TikTok.
Alex Brown, Director, CCO, Campfire
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS & CONTENT STRATEGIES
09.55 The Unstoppable Power Of Social! Secure Maximum Brand Exposure With Authentic, Strategic & Exciting Social Strategies For Unapologetic Brand Engagement & Unquestionable ROI
- Get the right channel for the right people! With TikTok, Instagram and YouTube shorts dominating the social landscape, determine which platforms are hottest with your audience for a truly engaged consumer base and well-focused investment
- Guarantee elevated brand visibility and product promotion with targeted and attention-grabbing content that cuts through traffic and competition
- Deep-dive into the data and metrics from your social efforts to unlock insights into performance and translate findings to transform clicks and likes into sales and profit
- The ongoing influencer debate! Discover real-world, successful influencer marketing campaigns and collaborations which have proved ROI and increased engagement
Eleanor Middleton, Senior Digital Content Manager, Space NK
Karishma Rach, Social Media & Community Manager, Cult Beauty
Karen King, Managing Director, Bondisands
Maria Aldridge, Digital Marketing Lead, Sainsbury’s
Katie Potts, Client Solutions Manager, TikTok
Ricky Malhi, Senior Digital Manager, NIVEA UK
10.30 Using AI to Understand The Drivers of Change in Cosmetics
In this session we will:
- Explore the macro growth drivers and emerging need-spaces shaping Beauty & Cosmetics
- Analyse a key growth territory and demonstrate how to create a winning innovation idea in this space
Learn how leading companies including Coty, Cosnova and J&J are fuelling their innovation programs with AI-driven trend prediction
10:45 Dragonfly Technology Solutions Case Study
Mark Bainbridge, Co-Founder, Dragonfly Technology Solutions
11.00 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
11.30 Revitalise Brand Image, Capture Consumers & Drive Revenue With Pioneering & Eco-Conscious Approaches & Competitive NPD
- Sustainability, part and parcel of all beauty brands today… how are you successfully communicating the merits of your sustainable products to boost brand image and drive sales?
- Accessible, affordable, and already available: consider budget-friendly alternatives within packaging and ingredient sourcing for innovative NPD and increased customer satisfaction
- 45% of UK consumers would be interested in a reward system for returning packaging* – which innovations can you implement to reduce waste and position your brand as a sustainable pioneer?
*UK Sustainability in Beauty & Personal Care Market Report 2022
Wren Holmes, Creative Director, NPD Director, Urban Veda Natural Skincare
RETAILER INSIGHTS & EXPERTISE
11.50 What Do Retailers Really (Really) Want? Ensure Win-Win, Collaborative Partnerships With Retailers To Secure Stand-Out Beauty Products & Insight-Driven Marketing Strategies
- Critical questions answered: how are consumers behaving today? How should your NPD and marketing be evolving to excel with the latest and largest retailers?
- Stock up on top tips! Uncover how retailers are responding to shifting macro-trends to really understand what is driving retailers’ product decisions
- From bricks and mortar to online, how are online retailers differing from in-store retailer giants in strategy and buying?
- Stand out from the crowd! How can new and up-and-upcoming brands cut through and capture attention?
Elena Lavagni, Service Provider for Amazon & Owner of Neville Hair and Beauty, Amazon Salon & Neville Hair and Beauty
Vanessa Burlingham, Head of Retail, Dermalogica
Rachel Waller, Head of Sales Elida Beauty, Unilever
Lorenzo Savini Nicci, E-Commerce Manager, Manetti & Roberts
Helen Riley, Senior Business Development Manager, eBay
Jessica Rose Hewitt, Global Partnerships Lead (Beauty), UNiDAYS
12.30 Beauty Built BetterTM – More Than A Manufacturer
- This presentation will elucidate the pivotal role of a manufacturer in the evolution and success of beauty brands. Delving into the integration of marketing’s 7Ps, we’ll explore the value-added services that beauty brands should expect from their suppliers, from keeping pace with market trends to delivering a superior manufacturing experience.
- We’ll examine how we champion innovative raw materials and eco-friendly packaging solutions, ensuring our brand partners resonate with the conscious consumer. We’ll also address our expert navigation of global regulations, facilitating seamless market entry.
- We’ll discuss how we partner with brands to redefine beauty, creating an indelible impact. Join us as we embark on this innovation and transformation journey in the beauty industry.
Laura Kirkbride, Technical Director, Orean
12.45 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
Two New Immersive Activities:
1. Face Mapping
2. Virtual Try-Ons
1. YouTube Shorts
2. Male Beauty
3. Male Beauty Engagement
4. Diversity & Inclusion
14.00 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Namita Mediratta, Head of CMI, Beauty & Wellness UEAM, Unilever
14.10 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION & PACKAGING
14.25 The Million Dollar Question: How Do You Create & Showcase Sustainable Product & Packaging Innovations That Are Within Budget & Captivating To Consumers?
- Top tips and tricks to identify and implement low-carbon strategies that boost your green-initiatives and appeal to ever-increasing climate-conscious consumers
- From reusable packaging to plantable packaging: what innovations are set to disrupt the market next that ensure greener credentials yet maintain premium packaging design?
- Budget-friendly and high-impact? Explore cost-effective new initiatives from refills to upcycled products for more energy-efficient processes that appeal to consumer wants and needs today – authentically
Flávia Bartholomeu Campos, Head of Packaging and Sustainability, The Body Shop
Alison Sammons, Sustainability & Communications Manager, Beiersdorf
Holly Dove, Head of Global Brand & Marketing, TEMPLESPA Ltd
Dominika Minarovic, Co-Founder, BYBI
15.00 Distinguish Your Brand From The Crowd, Disrupt The Market & Uncover The Hottest, Game-Changing Ingredients Here To Stay To Satisfy Consumer Demands & Skyrocket Sales
- Retinol? Linoleic Acid? Colostrum? What is the next must-have ingredient set to disrupt the beauty landscape and take off globally?
- Trust and transparency: educate and improve customer confidence with greater comms strategies around ingredients and materials
- With consumers increasingly interested in what’s in the bottle, what ingredients in the market are making shoppers pick up, (or put down), products today?
- All things green: satisfy consumer demands and play your role in a more sustainable future by incorporating more environmentally-friendly ingredient selections in your NPD
Charlotte Hatcher, Head of Commercial, No7 Beauty
CUSTOMER INSIGHTS & SHOPPER BEHAVIOUR
Updated For 2023!
15.20 Guarantee On-Trend Beauty Success In 2024 & Beyond By Unlocking Critical Insights Into Consumer Behaviours To Dominate Sales & Skyrocket Brand Engagement
- Create a seamless customer experience by effectively profiling and segmenting customer data to create targeted and consumer-driven marketing and social content
- How can you create engaging and exciting product launches and campaigns guaranteed to retain customers online and in-store?
- The future is digital! Which immersive AI powered tools will help create the optimal shopper experience, engage customers throughout their journey, incentivise purchase and secure loyalty
- Feedback, feedback, feedback: tap into customer preferences and buying motivators for trend-led, consumer-driven products guaranteed to fly off the shelves
- More for less please! How are ever-changing consumer needs and shopping habits impacting the beauty landscape today?
Grace Vernon, Head of Global Trends & Cultural Insights, Walgreen Boots Alliance
THE ANTI ANTI-AGEING REVOLUTION
15.40 Claire Byrne, CIO, Trinny London
16.40 Getting NPD Ready For 2024 & Beyond! Create Pioneering & Customer-Inspired Beauty Product Innovations That Satisfy Consumer Needs & Deliver Impressive ROI
- From concept to launch! How are you translating the shifting needs and wants of consumers into inspired, pioneering and profit-boosting products?
- Where is beauty innovation heading next? Examine the latest ingredients, trends and technologies tomorrow’s consumers want today to differentiate your NPD and stand out from competition
- Avoid trust-washing! Uncover what socially-conscious consumers really want from beauty brands to make your new products more profitable, scalable and successful
Nicola Truswell, Head of Trade Marketing, WELEDA UK
Mastering NPD In Retail
Vanessa Barretieri, UK/Europe Director, 111 Skin
Beauty, Health & Wellbeing
17.20 Stay Ahead Of The Wellness Curve: Leverage Current Health & Wellness Trends For Beauty Products Which Captivate Consumers & Power Brand Success In An Increasingly Crowded Market
- From peptides to microbiomes… what are the latest beauty wellness trends that will continue to grow amongst the industry and excite consumers?
- Successful NPD was never easy! Overcome the technical hurdles of delivering diverse product ranges while remaining as natural, responsible ad cruelty-free as possible
- Capitalise on proactive prevention and other skin health trends for wider product offerings and boosted product interaction
Claire Green, Brand Director, KMI Brands Ltd
17.40 Afternoon Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close of Conference